Neo Celestial Gravitation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kurzick - HFFF

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazuki
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kazuki

Hero Panel
Name: Kazuki Ryujin
Profession: Mesmer
Health Points:
Kurzick - HFFF Left_bar_bleue500/500Kurzick - HFFF Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 6:44 am

Kurzick – HFFF

HFFF-Video

FFF stands for "Fast Faction Farming"
HFFF stands for "Hero Fast Faction Farming"… so in this case it’s HFFF

First of all... everyone should be positioned in “Lutgardis Conservatory”

Kurzick - HFFF Fff_lu10

Now you need 3 Heros: 2x Ranger, 1x Assassin – and two Henchmen (Lukas and Devona are fine)
Set all your heros on AVOID COMBAT

[build prof=R/A name="Ranger 1+2" Exp=12+4 Sha=12][Dash][Dodge][Zojuns Haste][Shadow Form][Dark Escape][/build]

[build prof=A/R name="Assassin" Sha=12+4 Wil=12][Dash][Dodge][Zojuns Haste][Natural Stride][Shadow Form][/build] (make sure to disable Natural Stride)

Before you can properly start make sure you have all 3 Hero panels open, and your Minimap (U) to an appropriate size.
Also to make things easier, if you set keys for “Flag Hero 1,2,3” and “Flag Party” to 4 easily accessible keys, it’ll make it much faster and less hectic.

Once you exit to the north into Melandru’s Hope, slightly to the east you’ll see Scoutmaster Arne… DON’T TALK TO HIM YET!
The quest is called “Securing Echovald Forest” and requires you to secure 4 spots in Melandru’s Hope. If you accept the quest before you do anything, the 4 points will be swarming with Luxons… and your heros/henchmen most likely won’t make it.
First flag your heros/henchmen to the positions… that way upon accepting the quest they will all be in position and the quest will be completed almost instantly.

Ranger 1 -> Stairs (first you should flag this hero to the southern beginning of the narrowed water path, and after a while you should flag him to the proper “Stairs” location, he might wander off a different path and get himself killed if you flag directly)
Ranger 2 -> Western Shore (nothing to do wrong here)
Assassin -> Big Mushrooms (nothing wrong here either)
Henchmen -> Bridge (easiest of them all, sometimes one can get snared by a mantid and get killed… but never both of them)
Placing them in that order gives best results

Kurzick - HFFF Fff_po10

You’ll have to remember those positions properly… or else your heros/henchmen won’t be in the locations to trigger the quest completion.

When your heros are out of your earshot, activate Shadowform on ALL of them… and use a speedbuff… (yes, you need to activate all skills for them manually).
After their Shadowform expires they aren’t in danger… there aren’t any enemies on the way and all that counts now is constant speedbuffing. After a while you can accept the quest… and you’ll notice on your minimap if a spot isn’t found properly until then. Once all locations are covered the quest is completed and you can sack in your reward… 400 Kurzick Faction, 150g and 2000 EXP

This can be really hard in the beginning… because of the tough multitasking, if you have trouble try running them individually first… and when you get used to it, try running more at the same time… until at the end all run at the same time… Wink

With this setup the team will be 6/8… meaning 2 more human players can come along… (we tried to get rid of one of the henchmen to take 3 human players, but the risk of not making the run over to the bridge is too high)

In normal FFF the team consists of 4 runners and 1 doorman... once the runners have reached their designated positions they let the team know, kill themselves, doorman sacks in reward and leaves via maptravel, 4 runners get rezzed near Scoutmaster Arne, take their reward, go into Lutgardis, meet up with doorman and the fun begins again...
In HFFF this rez part and coordination with the team is simply skipped but only 3 people get the faction in... so to get the same amount as FFFers, you need two seperate teams... (considering the time that is saved through the not rez, coordination, leaving and so on, 3 people could get in their factions faster... having two teams would also mean 6 people get the faction in... with less work alltogether)

Below are some calculations... what's most important to know is... that you get 10k Faction in approximately 30 min...
Now compared with AB:
Most of the time you have to wait to get into a battle... so 1 battle takes around 10-15 min... with a maximum of 3000 factions (victory in Kaanei Canyon), so 2 battles+victories there take 30 min and you only get in 6000 factions...
That doesn't mean that you should ONLY HFFF from now on... you'll notice you still need a lot of concentration (if you're the one controlling the heros) and after a while it really does get dull... so to get some change into it, ABing from time to time gets a little more fun out of gathering Faction.

I hope this helps some of you get into the HFFF-scene... and it would be awesome if we could get together as a guild... in two or three teams and gather some Faction together... that also opens the option of holding contests with special rules... etc.
More about events will be explained seperately in Events section, once we get those things sorted out... Wink

Kazuki

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quest Run Calculations
FactionGoldRunsTitleTimeEXP
4001501 1min2k
10k3.75k25 30mins50k
250k93.75k625FOTK16 hours1.25mil
10mil3.750mil25,500SOTKaround 27 days50mil

Last edited by Kazuki on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://xcgx.forumotion.com
Ivy
Co-Guild Leader
Co-Guild Leader
Ivy

Hero Panel
Name: Ivy Kolya
Profession: Necromancer
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 2:58 pm

xCGx Video Here

Special thanks to Kazuki for helping me do this Smile

Last edited by Ivy on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Caolan
Officer
Officer

Hero Panel
Name: Ajuun The Corrupter
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:21 pm

This looks fantastic! Unlike AB, HFFF can earn you gold, this may give you more motivation to do it. Anwyays I'll get my necro there at the weekend so i can start it^^
Back to top Go down
Kazuki
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kazuki

Hero Panel
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 5:28 pm

Very nice video Ivy... ^_^
I might try a quick vid too... but dunno if you could learn more from mine than from what Ivy has shown here...
Other than that there's never much to see... just learn how and where to flag your heroes... and how to activate their skills...
Getting to work straight away... XD

Edit: Edited my first post, implemented the link to my vid there... Wink
Back to top Go down
Ivy
Co-Guild Leader
Co-Guild Leader
Ivy

Hero Panel
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:42 am

Ah, Kazuki's is much better than mine ^_^ watch his hehe
Back to top Go down

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 2:02 am

nearly there lol just a lil further : Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akira

Hero Panel
Name: Akira Sneak
Profession: Assassin
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:29 pm

I've been trying to run this lately... have a few questions:

Are the speed buff skills you listed the best for this run or simply good speed boosts?? I've been attempting it with Storm Chaser, Dash, and Natural Stride since I lack the other skills.

Shadow Form should be activated when hero names are grayed out on the Party toolbar, right? That is "out of earshot?"

rendeer
Back to top Go down
Ivy
Co-Guild Leader
Co-Guild Leader
Ivy

Hero Panel
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 1:34 am

No, thats too far when they are grey. On the minimap, they should be about a 1cm away from your position.

Personally, As soon as Ive flagged all the heroes in their correct places, I put on shadowform for them also right away.

As for the speedbuffs, I think those ones listed for the run are generally used because they are fast and have a good duration on them. Im sure if you could find speedbuffs that can be constantly maintained (especially on the stairs runner) and have a good speed (at least 33% faster, and definately use dash which is 50%) then it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Kazuki
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Kazuki

Hero Panel
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:18 am

Those speedbuffs listed above are the best to use for FAST faction farming...
If you look at Storm Chaser... it only gives a 25% speedboost... Natural Stride, Zojuns Haste and Dodge all give 33% speedboost.
Dash is the fastest with 50%... but of course only lasts 3 seconds... so use it as often as you can...

"Earshot" is the bubble around you on the radar... also known as "Aggro-range"
Area of Effect
That link is a good summary to find out about the different Areas of Effect...
Back to top Go down
Akira

Hero Panel
Name: Akira Sneak
Profession: Assassin
Health Points:

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 5:26 am

Thanks... looks like I'll be doing HSFF for a while then. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kurzick - HFFF Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kurzick - HFFF   Kurzick - HFFF Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kurzick - HFFF
Page 1 of 1