Neo Celestial Gravitation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what is a guild ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
nekros king
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
nekros king

Hero Panel
Name: nekros king
Profession: Necromancer
Health Points:
what is a guild  ? Left_bar_bleue500/500what is a guild  ? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 am

was a little disapointed in the turn out for the ab event last night. at 8.30 we had 3 people from our guild and another person from the alliance. i thought getting our members to give an hour of their time to the guild wasnt asking a lot.

my personal view of what is a guild is all about is this - a community of people who work together with common goals and who supposrt each other.

i feel very strongly about this and myself cancelled my plans for tues evening to make a point of being there to play with the other guild members.

so i want to start a new topic and ask a few questions

firstly - what is a guild and how do u think a guild should operate ?

secondly - what suggestions do u have to bring the guild closer together ?

starting an ab event seemed to be a fairly easy point to begin at as most of our members have access to alliance battles.

and finally - if yr not willing to give an hour of yr time to a guild activity, why not ?

look forward to yr replys and feedback. Very Happy

hope we can start to make the guild events more popular, after all, u only get out of a guild what u put into it.

tnx nekros
Back to top Go down
Ankou
Officer
Officer
Ankou

Hero Panel
Name: Ankou Korred
Profession: Ranger
Health Points:
what is a guild  ? Left_bar_bleue500/500what is a guild  ? Empty_bar_bleue  (500/500)

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:53 am

I was disappointed too but I've found that in my experience many events are hard to motivate people to attend.

O.k firstly I agree that a guild is a support network and a way of making friends through the game.

So firstly: Like I say a guild is a way of gaining and giving support, help, advice and friendship to others on the game. It should be run with a degree of professionalism but openness and with a genuine desire to help people with their game.

I would have said AB as it is short (people can leave after 1 or 2 if they wish) they get decent Faction from it and it's a good team event but obviously that didn't work.

I feel the leadership needs to lead from example. This not only means that any events should be attended by all officers and the leader where possible. Day to day activity influences how someone feels towards their guild. So if someone has asked for help a couple of times and is always told "sorry I'm busy atm" or something then they are less likely to feel the unity and togetherness that will allow them to attend events even where they have other things to do.
Another side to this is that if they are done "favours" by being helped then they could see attending an event as returning the "favour", although this isn't exactly the desired attitude in my opinion.

I think the problem lies with the fact that many people have their own agendas and goals to achieve on the game and the fact they may not see any benefit in joining an AB event as there are no great rewards, they may not enjoy it or they may not care about Kurzick Faction etc.

Having said that, I had other things to do but turned up as I believe in unity and co operation within a guild which is solidified by playing together.

I think we need to find some global solutions to bring the guild together and the foundations are in place for a very good guild.
Back to top Go down
Q
Officer
Officer
Q

Hero Panel
Name: I don't need a name
Profession: Warrior
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 9:59 am

Quote :
I feel the leadership needs to lead from example. This not only means that any events should be attended by all officers and the leader where possible. Day to day activity influences how someone feels towards their guild. So if someone has asked for help a couple of times and is always told "sorry I'm busy atm" or something then they are less likely to feel the unity and togetherness that will allow them to attend events even where they have other things to do.
Another side to this is that if they are done "favours" by being helped then they could see attending an event as returning the "favour", although this isn't exactly the desired attitude in my opinion.

As far as I'm away, I've attended most of the events that has gone on since I joined the guild, (around 10th February, but I had to join a luxon one for a few days which is why it says April on the guild list.)
We advertised in the recruitments, or should have done, "friendly" guild. We're trying to encourage everyone to help each other as much as possible.

As you said about personal agendas:
I think the problem lies with the fact that many people have their own agendas and goals to achieve on the game and the fact they may not see any benefit in joining an AB event as there are no great rewards, they may not enjoy it or they may not care about Kurzick Faction etc.

There would be no need for help if we didn't have our own goals, and agendas. But what we have tried to do, is make it so that more than one person can promote his/her own agenda in unison with other people from the guild, for example:
https://xcgx.forumotion.com/suggestions-f9/rep-farming-event-t135.htm
We have been trying to make a rep. farming team; Norn farming would be very succesful, as if we have an "Ursanway" Team established, we can do alot of dungeons in GWEN, things like DoA in the end of nightfall, and most of the hardmode missions.
The forum is here for a reason, and until people start using it, any kind of event is going to much harder to organise!

I know what you mean about AB. However, lately I've been abing just to get the guild's faction going again.
As you said, it is going to need to be a global effort.
I appreciate what you've said though; thanks very much Smile
Back to top Go down
Ankou
Officer
Officer
Ankou

Hero Panel
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:15 am

The comment about officers wasn't meant to be an accusation against all or specific officers: I haven't been here long enough for that, rather a statement of my beliefs of the necessary roles of officers within a guild.

I think you may have got the wrong end of the own agenda and goals thing. I simply meant that when people log on they want to primarily, continue with their quests and missions or whatever and if AB'ing isn't on their list of priorities it may be hard to motivate them.

I agree with what you are trying to do, and the rep farming will be a good idea; I also think that should be more successful on the whole.

My comment was only meant as a balanced view of what I think may be the problem.

I hope the next events are more heavily attended anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Q
Officer
Officer
Q

Hero Panel
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:46 am

RE Agendas.
Yeah I see what you're saying entirely.
This next comment isn't meant to be a kind of dictationship, but.
If we are putting on events like Rep Farming, it would be so much more benefitial if you use the opportunity. For example, if you're considering running an Ursan build in PvE, make use of the events!
They're there to support everyones agenda; helping you and me achieve a global goal.

Thanks for your consideration Ankou Smile it is appreciated Wink

Q
Back to top Go down
Ankou
Officer
Officer
Ankou

Hero Panel
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 10:51 am

Yip I agree there Wink

I've cast my vote for some norn farming Very Happy hopefully can get something up and running soon either way
Back to top Go down
Caolan
Officer
Officer

Hero Panel
Name: Ajuun The Corrupter
Profession: Necromancer
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:26 am

Although i agree with you guys,these events (like the ab event) can be hard for some people to attend due to issues outside GW. u must understand that we do have lives outside of this game, and in my mind, real life will ALWAYS come before a game (no matter how great it is ^^).Thats why i didnt turn up for the AB event, had stuff to do in rl, but i DID come on and tell you guys i couldnt attend it Wink
Back to top Go down
Q
Officer
Officer
Q

Hero Panel
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 10:51 am

/agree
Back to top Go down
Ankou
Officer
Officer
Ankou

Hero Panel
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 4:22 pm

agree too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Q
Officer
Officer
Q

Hero Panel
Health Points:

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm here to necro this thread.
Guys please tell me what you think a guild is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what is a guild  ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is a guild ?   what is a guild  ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is a guild ?
Page 1 of 1